Effective Perl by Joseph N. Hall

Observations and Tips from the author of Effective Perl Programming

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Plans for a New Edition of Effective Perl Programming?

I've been really pleased with all the great reviews that Effective Perl Programming has received over the years. The good sales are nice too - I'm still getting reasonable royalty checks.

I've been thinking of writing another edition for some time. At present I'm negotiating to do just that. Hopefully my work can be done by the end of the year, or maybe a little sooner.

Once I get going, I'll be posting bits of work in progress here. I will also, at some point, post the entire PDF of the current version. I may also ask for ideas about what to include. I think the rewrite will be somewhat different in its focus than the original.

6 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool about working on a new edition. I look forward to buying that one as well.

Robert

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took your Effective Perl Programming Course back in 1998 and been the better for it.

The year-end is drawing close. Are you almost done with the second edition?

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I look forward to it. I buy the new book!

regards from germany
Jens

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a copy of the original signed by Joseph in 1998 at a Perl Mongers meeting. I'll buy it!

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My copy dating from 1998 is beginning to disintegrate. It's the only Perl book I need to keep around.

New edition - yes please!!

What about the pdf? Would be nice to have when on the road. I'd pay for it.

Cheers,
Michael from Munich DE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home